In a recent article about an ideal road trip through the Midwest, Harper’s Bazaar had nothing but positive things to say about Cincinnati and Over-the-Rhine.
“Brooklyn wishes it were as cool as Over-the-Rhine under the radar: Cincy’s conglomeration of swanky restaurants, home furnishing boutiques and European-style carriage houses, all lining streets and alleyways paved,” the article said.
Several OTR restaurants are mentioned:
- Losanti for the steaks on the grill
- Pepp & Delores for homemade pasta and espresso martinis
- Somerset for the intricate outdoor garden space and tiki cocktails
- Brown Bear Bakery for the triple chocolate brioche and any bagel
- Pho Lang Thang for locally sourced beef and hand-cut noodles.
The article also recommends staying at 21c in downtown Cincinnati.
OTR was the first stop on the magazine’s fictional route, starting in Cincinnati and passing through several cities in various Midwestern states.
To eat:Cincinnati Named One of America’s Next Great Food Cities of 2022
After:Matzo Manischewitz, a Passover staple, originally from Cincinnati
Other recommended stops include the Monon Trail in Indianapolis, Indiana, Contemporary Art in Chicago, American Club Resort in Kohler, Wisconsin, Apostle Islands in Bayfield, Wisconsin, and Traceable Farm Foods in Minneapolis, Minnesota.