Evanston Made presents the first annual Outdoor Art Festival, where artists will create, sell and exhibit art in the Plein Air style, meaning outdoors. The festival concludes with a competition on Sunday, July 17, judged by master plein-air painter Don Yang and members of the community.
The community is invited to watch Plein Air artists capture the beauty of Evanston, purchase artwork and judge artwork on the final day of the festival. Artists are invited to register at evanstonmade.org.
The festival will take place over four days and will follow the general approach familiar to artists participating in Plein Ai’s local events in the region.
- July 10-16: All artists register, submit invitation letters and authenticate up to five blank work surfaces.
- Thursday, July 14: First day of painting at various locations in Evanston
- Friday, July 15: Continuation of the painting
- Saturday July 16: Continuation of the painting
- Sunday July 17, 12 p.m. – 3 p.m., Place de la Fontaine: Jury, award ceremony and reception of artists
- July 16, 9:30 a.m., Espace 900, 816 Dempster Street, artist talk – Stepping into the Light – Getting Started Outdoors with Mark Cleveland, director of the Evanston Plein Air Festival and co-president of Plein Air Painters Chicago.
- July 16, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Don Yang class, Getting started with outdoor painting, Sign up for a full-day teaching experience. Fees $125. Scholarships available.
- July 16, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., MDM Plein Air Music Festival and Front Porch Concert Tour, Info
Visit evanstonmade.org for more information about this festival.
Submitted by Evanston Made